Philippines Visa

Philippines Visa Assistance

I want to tell you a story about me. It’s about me moving to the Philippines.

When I initially came to the Philippines I was issued a Tourist Visa upon entering the country (I will tell you all about the different types of Visas below). This meant that I could tour the Philippines for 30 days before having to leave.

But when I wanted to move to the Philippines, this was a different matter. At this juncture, I needed a Resident Visa. So I thought I’d do it myself.

Bureaucracy and Failure

Can getting a Resident Visa be done by yourself? I have heard of only a few people getting it done themselves, and I have heard numerous horror stories of those who became frustrated and ended up doing what I did.

Initially I tried doing it on my own. Then I became buried in bureaucratic paperwork, forms, expenses from staying in Manila hotels, taxis, food, and more. I was doing things, but I was not doing it correctly and in the wrong order. Needless to say, I was wasting valuable time and money.

Fortunately I had friends who had hired a private agency, and they referred me to them.

This private agency is an accredited Visa Service agency, and their family has been doing this business for nearly 3 decades. This means they got my visa done quickly and efficiently. Their service saved me frustration, headaches, unnecessary travel, and lots of money.

After meeting with them, paying their service fee, and completing a few forms, I was nearly done.

A few days later, I did a quick cursory medical exam, I was coached on how to dress for and what to say in my interview, and before I knew it, I had my Philippines Resident Visa!

If you are interested in using this same Philippines Visa Service, then complete the form below. We will then proplerly introduce you to them as a friend of RetireInThePhilippines.ORG . This will ensure that you get special attention.

FREE Visa Consultation

Additional Visa Types and Requirements

Depending on your country of origin, you may not need a visa for visits of up to 30 days. With a tourist visa, longer visits of less than 60 days are possible as well. However, if you plan to enter the country for the purpose of employment, you will need a nonimmigrant visa for pre-arranged employment.

Which Visa Is the Right One for You?

There are different visa types that may apply to you when you move to the Philippines:

• A tourist visa is only necessary for stays exceeding 30 days and requiring multiple entries.
• A non-immigrant visa is granted for the purpose of prearranged employment, trade, transit, and education. The requirements naturally vary.
• Non-quota immigrant visas apply to children and spouses of Philippine citizens and returning natural-born Filipinos.
• Quota immigrant visas are granted to applicants with enough financial capital who possess extraordinary professional skills or qualifications to benefit the country. A maximum of 50 quota immigrant visas are granted per year.
• The special resident retiree visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows multiple entries and indefinite stay. To participate in this visa program, applicants must submit a deposit depending on their age and retirement pension.

If you receive a pension and you are at least 50 years old, then the required deposit for a special resident retiree visa is 10,000 USD, plus a monthly pension of 800 USD for a single applicant and 1,000 USD for a couple.

If you receive no pension and you are at least 50 years old, then the required deposit is 20,000 USD. For applicants aged from 35 to 49, the deposit is 50,000 USD.

For former Filipino citizens who are at least 35 years old (regardless of the number of their dependents), for ambassadors of foreign countries who have served and retired in the Philippines, and for current and former staff members of international organization who are at least 50 years old, the deposit only amounts to 1,500 USD.

For former US Veterans, there is also a special retirement visa that requires a fraction of the above fees and deposits.

For more details on the individual visas and how to apply, complete the form below.

FREE Visa Consultation

Visa Requirements

The visa requirements for the Philippines vary significantly, depending on the purpose and the duration of your stay. However, for example, the necessary documents for a pre-arranged employment visa include:

• A passport valid for at least six to twelve months
• Two completed application forms
• A copy of your employment contract
• Your curriculum vitae
• Several passport-sized pictures, signed on front bottom
• A medical and physical examination report by an authorized physician (including a chest X-ray, lab reports, and a certificate that you are HIV-negative)
• The visa application fee

If you are planning to move to the Philippines with your family, you should also attach any birth certificates and a marriage certificate. These documents must be notarized. If you apply in a language other than English, remember to submit your paperwork with certified English translations.

Don’t Forget to Register for Your Alien Employment Permit

Aside from an employment visa, the Philippine government requires non-resident foreign nationals to apply for an Alien Employment Permit (AEP) if they plan on working in the Philippines. The department responsible for this permit is the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

You can try to apply for an Alien Employment Permit at your nearest consulate or embassy. However, your application will be more successful if you submit it through your prospective employer at one of the DOLE’s. How long your AEP remains valid depends on the duration of your work contract and the nature of your position at your company in the Philippines.

ACR I-Card (Immigration Card)

When submitting your visa application, you need to provide an application for an ACR I-Card along with it. The ACR I-Card costs around 50 USD and is a microchip-based identification card that carries all your information relevant to immigration officials, such as your name, date of birth, age, and visa type.

The card also serves as an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC), Re-Entry Permit (RP), and Special Return Certificate (SRC).

If this sounds confusing, let us introduce you to professionals who can help you. For more information, please complete the form below.

FREE Visa Consultation